Saturday, June 4, 2011

MATH WORK STATIONS BLOG PARTY CHAPTERS 1 & 2

I'm excited about participating in this blog party.  I apologize for joining in kind of late, but I've been cleaning and packing up my room.  I took a few pictures of what I could.


1.  How do you (or will you) differentiate your math stations? 
This will be my first time using math stations.  I'm excited about this approach as this past year the students did a lot of partner reading and it was a huge success! 
2.  How and where do you keep your math stations?
I will have my math stations located above the math shelf where all the math manipulatives are stored.
3.  How do you keep your math materials organized?


On the top of these wire cubes there are sorting trays and scales which I take down when needed.  I use empty tissue boxes for randomly choosing cards/pieces for math games.  I have several bowls for sorting, counting, holding game pieces.  The egg cartons are for counting activities.  The red container holds math mats and the green holds our calendar math folders.  The basket holds our Zero the Hero number scrolls.



 This is the math shelf where all the math manipulatives are stored.  Most of the containers are labeled.  The students have easy access, but are not allowed to use manipulatives that have not been introduced.  This system has worked well as the children eventually will be able to use everything on this shelf.  I've had great success with the 3 drawer units so I'm probably going to use these units for my math stations.




  These are the containers I store my math activities and games in.  I will need to reorganize and figure out what/how I can differentiate.





 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your room looks hugh!! I love the pics. I love all the different bins/containers that you are using. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice size room, but really it looks spacious right now because everything is packed away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your pictures! Thank you for linking up! My class LoVeS math stations, so I hope you will enjoy them next year.

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is never too late to join up. I hope to get to know you. Come over to me for Chapter 4 and join in the fun!
    I can't wait to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you get that "math shelf" that you have? I am totally looking for something like that.

    Thanks,
    Michelle
    http://petersonsprimarypeeps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete