Saturday, January 8, 2011

P.I.G. Book Additions

The class added the December poem to their P.I.G. Book this week. 


On the right hand side of the P.I.G. Book each child wrote about something they received for Christmas.

Here's the poem for letter Oo.  This poem is from Kim Jordano's Poetry Journal.  The students read and butter popcorn words, find rhyming words, and go on a letter hunt.

7 letter Oo's were found so the children created subtraction sentences using unifix cubes.  In this photo the student illustrated the number sentence that is circled.


Here's a sample of the first subtraction sentence written using unifix cubes.  The student and I work the first one together then the student returns to the table to create more subtraction sentences.  I check the work and the student picks one of the number sentences to illustrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment